Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation is a non-invasive, non-pharmacological treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction, including problems with bowel, bladder, sexual health, and pain. Treatment approaches may include manual therapy, functional retraining, behavioral strategies, therapeutic exercise, and education.
If you are experiencing pelvic pain, contact us to find out why the Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program at Orthopedic Sports Therapy is so effective for many people!
- Pelvic Floor Pain - vulvodynia, dyspareunia, vaginismus, coccygodynia, pudendal neuralgia, tension myalgia, anismus, sacroiliac pain, associated lumbar and/or hip pain and dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction - posterior, anterior wall prolapse
- Urinary Dysfunction - stress, urge, mixed, overactive
- Thorough evaluation, bladder habits assessed, full history intake
- Patient education and bladder diary, voiding habit behavioral training
- Manual therapy - trigger points, joint mobilization, contract-relax, neuromuscular re-education
- Pelvic floor muscle training – appropriate activation and relaxation, strength and endurance
- Adjacent areas – sacroiliac, lumbar and hip neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction or impairment assessed and addressed
The Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program at Orthopedic Sports Therapy is excited to make a difference in peoples’ lives in this rewarding arena of neuromusculoskeletal conditions. Contact us to set up an appointment with us today.